Thank You for this life in which you’ve given me. It is through the life, death, and resurrection of Your Son, Jesus Christ, that I’m even able to obtain it.
“For God expressed His love for the world in this way: He gave His only Son so that whoever believes in Him will not face everlasting destruction, but will have everlasting life.” -John 3:16
Father, I come to You today because I need to remind You of a few things that You have said in Your word about me. Not that You need me to remind You of anything. But as I am a sojourner in this earth, making my way to my eternal home, there are some things that I ask that You will never let me forget.
Never let me forget that………….
1. YOU FASHIONED ME. You shaped me inside and out. You knitted me together in my mother’s womb long before I took my first breath. By You, I was molded into form and my very being was established. (Psalm 139)
Never let me forget that…………
2. YOU CREATED ME FOR YOUR GLORY. By You, I was chosen and my name was called. You made me and shaped me for Your profound glory. A special purpose you have given to my life; for me to know You, trust You, and be faithful unto You. (Isaiah 43)
Never let me forget that……….
3. MY BODY IS YOUR TEMPLE. Your spirit dwells within me. I was bought with a price, purchased with the blood of Jesus, and I am not my own. (1 Corinthians 3)
Never let me forget that………..
4. YOU HAVE GIVEN ME A MEASURE OF FAITH. That’s good, I’m going to need it. Because without it, I can’t please you. (Hebrews 11)
Never let me forget that……..
5. YOU CREATED ME UNTO GOOD WORKS. I am Your workmanship created in Christ Jesus. What You have begun in me, You will complete. (Ephesians 2)
Never let me forget that……..
6. YOUR KINGDOM IS WITHIN ME. Through the sealing promise, I now have righteousness, peace, and joy of the Holy Spirit in the inside of me. (Romans 14)
I don’t want to forget, God. For in those times when I get weary, these reminders will be the portion of strength that keeps me going. (Psalm 73:26)
I don’t want to forget. For when I am persecuted for my faith in You, these reminders will keep me pressing towards the mark of the prize of the high calling. (Philippians 3:14)
I don’t want to forget. For when men fail to love me, these reminders will let me know that there is a Love that I am never separated from. (Romans 8:38,39)
I don’t want to forget. For when I get puffed up to thinking that I can do this on my own, these reminders will point me to the Vine, to whom without a vital connection; to whom without abiding in, I can do nothing. (John 15:1-5)
I need these reminders, God. I need them like I need the air I breathe. Because these reminders show me that You are the Source from which my very being flows. Never let me forget that God.
For Your Glory,
“But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.” (John 14:26)